Is There PA Law That Allows Parents to Force Their Minor Child (15) Into Drug Rehab?

Question by Cassie: Is there PA law that allows parents to force their minor child (15) into drug rehab?

Its actually for my child. I called a few treatment centers and they said they won’t take her. I find it appalling a parent wouldn’t have this right over their child!

Best answer:

Answer by Lynn
If your parents have custody of you, then yes, they can require you to go to drug rehab, or military school, or boarding school, as long as the facility is itself legal and licensed.

ETA: The facilities you’re contacting may not want to take anyone, minor or not, who has to be forced into rehab. It’s not a question of law but the choice of the facility about who they treat.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Rehab After Work of Philadelphia, PA Treats Drug Addiction | (215) 342-4400 – Rehab After Work of Philadelphia provides professional services to treat your drug and alcohol abuse. The frequency of v…


According to Dean Ruble, Celebrities Are Just as Vulnerable When it Comes to

Filed under: drug rehabs in pa

PHILADELPHIA, PA, August 22, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ — Dean Ruble is a medical professional who helps people overcome drug and alcohol addictions to regain their sobriety. He is now speaking out on a new article that … Others who knew the actor …
Read more on EIN News (press release)